Thats right! EVO and Allisbrawl has joined forces to bring you a huge official side tournament in Las Vegas! Allisbrawl will be running the tournament, so expect the crazy turn out, and fast paced action. All participants will be seeded by region and crew. All the rules are listed after the jump. Look forward to see all the Brawl players in Vegas!
BRAWL SINGLES AND DOUBLES RULES
- 3 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit (If time does expire, the winner will be determined by first stock, then percentage. In the event both are tied Sudden Death will be played out.)
- Best of 3 until Winners Bracket and Losers Bracket Semifinals are reached. Winners and Losers Bracket Semifinals and Finals are best of 5
- No Items
- No stalling (via ledge or otherwise). Any infinite chain grabs must be ended after 300% has been reached as to prevent excessive stalling. Avoiding a reachable position of combat to purposely run the timer is stalling.
- Standing infinites are banned only when used to stall.
- No player/team may counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier in the current set.
- In the event of a dispute, controller ports, colors, and stage strike selection order will be determined by Rock-Paper-Scissors.
- Your controller, settings, and name tag are your responsibility prior to the start of the match. Always check you are using the correct settings and everything is working BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions or incorrect settings, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
- Any action that can prevent an in progress game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, touching the equipment, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and will be held responsible for triggering one of these effects or any conduct preventing the match from finishing.
- Metaknight’s Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
- If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf’s over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins. If a player ends the match by swallowing with King DeDeDe or Kirby, and it counts as a tie the player whom initiated the swallowing wins. Unless the character breaks out prior to death and is shown winning the match. In which case, that stands as the correct result.
Set Format (In Order of Procedure):
- Players choose their characters for the first match*
- Players start the stage striking procedure**
- The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
- Each Player/Team may announce one stage to be banned during counterpicks
- The losing Player/Team of the previous match announces the next match’s stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
- The winning Player/Team of the previous match chooses their character/s
- The losing Player/Team of the previous match chooses their character/s
- Repeat steps 5-7 until the best of 3 or best of 5 set is complete.
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match. In which case the players will each write down their characters on a sheet of paper and exchange them.
**One Player/Team will strike 1 stage, then their opponent will strike another 2 stages, leaving 2 stages in which the first team will strike 1 leaving one to be played on.
- Final Destination
- Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
- Pokemon Stadium(Melee)
- Delfino Plaza
- Castle Siege
- Battleship Halberd
- Frigate Orpheon
- Rainbow Cruise
- Lylat Cruise
- Jungle Japes
Same standard rules and stages as singles.
- Stock sharing is allowed.
- Team Attack is on.
- In team matches, the ports will be selected in a 1221 fashion. Meaning a player from Team 1 (if need be Rock/Paper/Scissors can be used to determine this Team) will select one port first, then both players from Team 2 will make their selection, then the remaining player from Team 1.
- If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), then either team is allowed to request an alternate color be used prior to the start of the match in order to limit any potential confusion.